Social Auth Plugin is the authentication and authorization solution base on social networks for web applications.
Nowaday, almost internet users have at least one account on social networks ( like Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus … ). Therefore allowing users log in your applications/sites ( apps ) via social network accounts is not only help users approach your apps easily but also help you reduce amount of work which is not necessary to focus to develop your apps. So now I introduce you a simple way to make a Social Auth plugin for your apps.
This plugin is free for both personal and commercial uses. If you like to share this plugin please share the link of this article, please DO NOT share our direct download links. If you want to share our articles on your site, you are free to copy excerpts but please DO NOT copy entire articles.
Please note, resources ( like: images, videos, audios ... ) are used for demonstration purpose only. Some resources may have third party licenses so please respect them in that case.
SONHLAB Social Auth Features:
- Registration and login base on social network sites.
- Get user data from social site ( base on the social site’s support ).
- Easy to deploy on several apps.
- Easy to store user data in your database ( MySQL … ).
- Social Network List: Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus.
26 Jul 2012:
- Add index.php file to test easier.
31 May 2012:
- First Version.
Setup SONHLAB Social Auth:
1. Download Free SONHLAB Social Auth Plugin.
2. Unzip the downloaded file. After unzip you will have auth folder.
3. Upload auth folder to your server.
4. Modify appconf.php file in the auth folder:
- Facebook: insert appid and secret info into the file ( if you do not have yet you can get them from Facebook for free ).
- Twitter: Insert consumer_key and consumer_secret ( if you do not have yet you can get them from Twitter for free ).
- Google: Insert application name, oauth2_client_id, oauth2_client_secret, oauth_redirect_url ( if you do not have yet you can get them from Google ).
After you completed modifying appconf.php you can start to use the plugin.
To login by Facebook account, open your browser then access:
To login by Twitter account, open your browser then access:
To login by Google account, open your browser then access:
This is just a basic tutorial to you can use this plugin quickly. For advance configurations please go to the social site and read their API Documentation.
That’s it. I hope you enjoyed this plugin and find it useful!
Connect Us on Google
Connect Us on Facebook